Pages

Monday 12 April 2010

LCHF

Pin It

I have struggled a bit (read: LOTS) with my weight after my son was born, and have been constantly trying to lose it without really committing to any weightloss diet. But this will end now! The kilos will be banished in this household, and I will emerge new and shiny and thin! Well, that’s the plan at least.

bathroom scalesI have read a bit about LCHF and am quite intruiged by it. The idea that one can eat cream and cheese and avacado and sour cream, and still lose weight seem like a dream come true. Now, it does seem to be a bit far between the ones that have lost heaps on this diet though, in most forums and blogs the other health benefits are more emphasised. Which, to be honest, I couldn’t care less about! I mean, I like to think I care about my health, but as for now, I care more about shedding some weight.

lchf

Anyway, so I have decided to give it a go. The first thing I noticed was that it is quite a pricey diet. Meat, veggies, cream, cheese, and such are much more expensive than rice, potatoes, and bread. We have always been a bit frugal with money in this household (which would mean that I am frugal, and hubby doesn’t have much say in the matter), so the increase in food expenses really irks me. But it will be all worth it when the new and shiny and thin me emerges from all the fat and cheese and cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment